Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ajai Chowdhry, chairman HCL awarded Padma Bhushan

Ajai Chowdhry
Founder, HCL and chairman, HCL Infosystems, Ajai Chowdhry, was recently awarded the Padma Bhushan, one of the highest civilian recognition in the country, by The Hon’ble President of India, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil at the official ceremony held at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Chowdhry has reacted, “When I got together with my friends 34 years back to start HCL, all we had was a barsati, some money and tons of passion. What we needed were people who will believe in this dream and join hands to take India on the world stage. We have come a long way and I would like to dedicate this recognition to my great country, my family of 79000 colleagues, numerous friends, partners and well-wishers who have stood by me all these years.”
Chowdhry, one of the six founder members of HCL, took over the reins of the company as President and CEO in 1994 and was appointed the chairman in November 1999. Under his stewardship, the company’s turnover has grown to Rs. 12,221 crores from Rs. 400.6 crores in 1994, informed the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment